Poor old eye

I think I heard the old man say
Leave her, Johnny, leave her...
For the voyage is long and the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her.

Gawking in the eyes of the great monster, regrets do fill me. For I wish I'd have said farewell, that I would've been the one to lay it to rest. Mistaken and unacknowledged for my boys have run home and I haven't told her how much I love her. But who would I be if I gave my prize away... too bad my trophy is nothing but a shell.
Marry her and take her home, even if the home's a trip. Marry her and hold her close, the winds don't blow for the rocks. Did you run away with them lads, left me here unadorned?  I did lead them here, in the end, at the end.
The world is getting bigger, I'm a lesser part of it. You seem to not abide to this rule, for the love for you keeps you great. So it's me who blindfolds you, darling... the scythe,  the architect. 
I am tired, my live. The monster will rot along with my pumping veins. And should you look at me when you leave, you'll only see me drifting further away... leaving...

Leave her Johnny, leave her...
Oh leave her Johnny, leave her
For the voyage is done and the winds don't blow
And it's time for us to leave her.

Popular posts from this blog

Years ago...

Heroic Forget-me-nots

I wish I could keep writing forever