An open letter (sequels yay)

Dear You,
It's very probable that this is the very first letter that I send you. Not that I'd want to start with an apology, but I'm just sorry I haven't acknowledged you sooner...
I know you're standing right in front of me... but be it because of ego or emotional wounds... I kinda tend to look the other way. Or maybe it's you who does the same... maybe we're both afraid.
No matter the cause, you're really good and gorgeous. You're a human among humans, isn't that enough.. and wether you stood behind paper pages, LCD screens, amongst a crowd, or at a party at a distant table... I just want to say thank you. I know I should be doing it upfront but.. here we are.
I don't know if you know me... I don't know how you impacted my life or to what degree... because you have a face in everyone I havw ever met.
But, regardless of your appearance, be it teacher, friend or forgotten emphaty... I thank you. You changed me, showed me your world, gave me your time. They were all yours, and yet you choose to take my hand amongst countless others..
I would be nothing without the experience you provided... would be nothing alone, with my ideas unshared, my love denied.
You are there when I look at the mirror, or through the window at passers-by..
You were constant in my seasons of doubt ans change...
You left me a couple of times, I treasure you utmostly.
Please don't let me wither away... you poet songwriter chemist psychologist...
No better, no worse... but as human. Different yet still undeparted.
Let's walk on, I'll take your hand this time.
Sincerely,
You

Popular posts from this blog

Years ago...

Heroic Forget-me-nots

I wish I could keep writing forever