Tribute

A tribute to anyone's past... like a claw trying to pull us into being conservative.

For the lessons it derives... hopefully we won't forget that their circumstances change.
For the welcoming cell of happy memories and comfortable pains that our minds seek in times of trouble.
For restricting our eyes to only see biased, to search for what reaffirms our beliefs.
For creating all other biases.
For teaching us to seek patterns and familiar figures in the world.
For allowing our species to make so many mistakes that forged surprising adaptations.
For never forgiving.
For being so fearsome it manages to make us try and forget it, isolating in the future.
For being a ruthless instructor.

I bow before thee... I mean you. But you knew both.
But change drives evolution. And there cannot be change if we ignore the past.

Popular posts from this blog

Years ago...

Heroic Forget-me-nots

I wish I could keep writing forever