And the swift change of all things

If you would ask me why I'd rather read a fiction book rather than one that depicts reality as it was, when both books would convey the same message... I'd be smiling.

In a fiction book... characters have to be, ultimately... good or bad. No matter how many layers covering that core, in a fictional world, the ultimate good versus evil struggle will always press on.

Then, we look into our lives, into the many stories that depict what happened or what could happen. Books on wars, on crimes and detectives, on inventors and masterminds, on petty thieves, on poverty and wealth. But how could we, us the great family of man, ever be granted the freedom of choosing sides?
We are all good and bad. And so, any story that is not fiction... has to put tags on people... and how could I read about men and women that only show half their whole character? How could I learn from a hero who has the same potential as a thief? Am I to hate the thief? Am I that hypocrite?

My dear heroes and thieves... we as a species choose sides, we all are the fictional character.
And we need not forget this, especially in these times of swift change.

Popular posts from this blog

Years ago...

Heroic Forget-me-nots

I wish I could keep writing forever