A little out of place

"Now... even if I wanted to romanticize it, I could not. I cannot remember. Will I know how to see its beauty should it ever strike me again?"
-said the distracted mentor to his naive, arrogant and weak student.

"But teacher, I was supposed to be promising."

"We all are. It was not a compliment, but a really sad fact. Please grasp its meaning... and all its responsibility before my lessons become ghosts, your motivation and ambitions mutate into pursuits of easier paths and fade... before you learn many lessons and you are sure you know everything."

"How could I live so far from the edge, when the abiss calls for my presence? I know I cannot root anything without foundation... but does it mean I have to?"

"No."

"So it means I can pursue desire all my life and nothing would be different?"

"Yes."

"With no punishment?"

"Only if you want to punish yourself."

"With everything I want?"

"Yes."

"Drugs, sex, all that? No penalty?"

"None whatsoever."

"But my mind would rather be in known pain rather than in an unknown place. I will never stare into the abiss."


Popular posts from this blog

Years ago...

Heroic Forget-me-nots

I wish I could keep writing forever