Ibad eyes

You sit in a corner, I sit in a corner. You're afraid, I'm frustrated. You need to forgive me, I need to forgive me. You lie, I crash.
The tap leaks anti-venom while the gilded waters roar about. I roam the empty streets of the island while you spark a doubt.
The economy shivers, I cast arrows away... while your shadow lingers on the warm morning ray.
You turn to save a child of forsaken education while I cleanse the walls of their graffitti damnation.
Perhaps it's in the sharks that swim in the circles or in the folks that grow violent...
Maybe in the honor of a scoutsman's endorsement. 
In the mortgage, obituaries and the long-lasting scar
In the lies, the canvas and the road-covered tar.

We dance about frightened that our world may end. We strive to preserve comfort, in the spirit and in the letters we send. Some write manifests and others admire fruits, while many a robber just dress in dark suits. Some hide blades in their minds and forge numbers together, while we strive to preserve comfort... oh... but the end's light as a feather... Why can't I just throw you, my wallet of leather.

They think the unspeakable and corrupt the depraved, while one reads about them and starts digging their grave. I'm too dark and fugitive, you hastly say, while I apologize and look down at me.
I see the waves still roaring and the thundering claps. The war wages on as the new wages tax.
I see you reaching my hand in the near future, while the crops grow out of their polluted culture.
At least we're together, and we're sleeping soundly.

Then you wake me up and you look through me severed. The jihad hasn't been tamed, the waters still uncharted. We're both tired and just want to sleep, but the waters haven't settled. In fact, there is no water, just sand all around... and while search shelter, the moonlight surrounds.

In the end, we're there, in the short-lasting chaos. There is no harmony, no rythm, no emotion. There is just time, going about at its pace. Our efforts, given millennia, won't count a bit... but our actions have sparked an on-going rift. For our wings, as long as the wind blows, will carry forward our story. And I feel accomplished, for I only to wished to find a villain. It was both of us.

So you sit in a corner, I sit in a corner. Then you throw a blade at me... and you break the mirror. You're afraid... I. You need to find a hand to sober up from dreaming, I. You search, I. 

Popular posts from this blog

Years ago...

Heroic Forget-me-nots

I wish I could keep writing forever