Heir of autumn memories

 Grapevine ghoul, hear me, hear me

Fiend, fire, phantom, fool, welcome me

Childhood stricken with long life, behold the image of grandparents

Grapevine ghoul, fear me, fear me


Pumpkin seeds and rotten deeds

In the oven - bless me, bless me

In the scarlet of leaves I'm dressed

In the harvest - caressed

I scream - it is me!


Cup of storm, plate of gold

Silverware in the drawers

Earthly mother has been told

A chalice of songs - behold


A higher power in a lower drawer

A deck of cards, in the grass, a lover

Heart of hearts and king of queens

Charm and luck and cats and autumn

All on the oven burn, they burn


All the heat for the coming winter

Why the words spew forth, I linger

I lust and I call and the wind is busy

Summer overstayed, in the shadow of equinox

Do not mistake me for the beaten ox


For I am woven, pack is laden

Have your break, then go back at'em

For I am comfort, soul endearing

Hushes from the woods I'm hearing


But between my walls I rule

The empty memories of a ghoul

Of a family I never understood

Breaking bread and being rude

I could


Ghoul ghoul, of the vine

Hear this lament of mine

Autumn leaves above the valley

Hearse of memories in the alley


Ghoul, ghoul, sing my chime

Drink my blood and wine

Feast my mind with cold regret

Take the memories which I've wept

Popular posts from this blog

Years ago...

Heroic Forget-me-nots

I wish I could keep writing forever