Climax

We exploit fish by using their instinct to eat.
Similarly, economies feed on our instinct to acquire and establish comfort.
Except there is a difference, for the fish do not influence our thinking... but economy generally thinks the way we do.
It is not a superior colonial organism, since not all of us want the economy to grow. It is rather group intuition.

That was a general thing.

My numbness seems to be provoked by a lack of care for the self. Why do we so easily develop mental pathways that quickly become fixated and cyclicly misfire? Isn't it amazing how the mind is able to quickly process complex logical pathways that underly frustration and fear, without it being brought to the conscious? Perhaps sometimes we just so badly require a renewal of self that any lack of care for the mind leads to an inevitable spiral towards unending interior conflict. Or perhaps the desire for attention, fear of rejection and other social impairments just occupy so much of our "ape-derived brains".

That was a personal thing.

Many people talk about facing hedonism with angst. Whatever may provoke us into seeking comfort, pleasure and allowing us to be lazy should be exterminated. Afterall, we are obliged to take humanity forward.
But to what extent, I ask (as countless better suited minds have... hm, to what end?). A "society" made up of computers programmed correctly would do the same. Is our purpose that to simply develop? At which point in our search for perfection do we lose our humanity? Or maybe entropy will always win and we will always find ourselves unable to actually improve upon our history past a certain point...
It would seem, either way, there is a barrier. Like within ourselves, when we act nothing but illogical. Like the whole world when economies simply cease to grow and bubbles explode.

Inwardly and outwardly, things seem to me to be running in parallel.

What about me? Is there just a world of either tireless work or dirty comfort? Is there an in-between? Do I want to find it? How lack of love and attention drew me close to becoming non-human, how it drove me past any of my principles into numbness. If I sort it out, will it still be me, the one cleansed of my inner lazy drives? Will a me that no longer acts illogically be human? Can I not pursue humanity without losing it?

Climax.

Popular posts from this blog

Years ago...

Heroic Forget-me-nots

I wish I could keep writing forever